Friday 23 September 2016

camp Recount

On Thursday I went on my school camp. I was so excited that I ate my breakfast as fast as lightning so mum had time to go into subway to get my lunch. When we first got to school we had a meeting to see which cars we were going in. I travelled with Rhys ,Jacob and Rhys mum Julie. Our first stop was at Ross where we had a toilet stop. Then we drove to Okarito. We went on a walk to a look out. At the top of the look out there were big rimu trees blocking some of the view. When you steered really hard you could see the big valley below. The bush walk was super fun. I heard the Kea’s in the trees. A kea flew out of one tree and landed on a big branch of another tree. At the bottom of the track we had our morning tea. After that we went to Franz Josef Glacier to do the glacier walk. At the top we saw big blanket of snow. It was awesome. When we finished the walk I was so tired . It was the coolest thing I have ever been on. We stayed at the top 10 Holiday Park in Fox Glacier. We had heaps of fun playing games at night. That night we had a disco and we also played spotlight in bed. And I got the top bunk. We did not get much sleep because some kids in the bunk room kept talking . On Friday we went to the Kiwi centre in Franz where we saw two live kiwis running around like crazy cheetahs. Then after that we went to the hot pools with my friends. I went in the 40 degrees C pool. When we were going back to school I was so tired that I could sleep for 2 years. My camp rocked.

2 comments:

  1. 40 degrees?! I wouldn't last more than 1 minute in water at that temperature! I love Okarito. Did you know it's one of the few wild places left in NZ where you can see Kiwi running wild...and I mean actually see them - not hunt for them! When you were at the glacier, did you hear it cracking? I love that sound - it's such a powerful force of nature. Great recount Reed, you're a talented writer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi reed it is really cool that you liked your camp it sounds like you had a tone of fun you should look at my blog Levi @ paroa grey

    ReplyDelete

Hi! I am looking forward to reading your quality comment! Try and follow these steps when commenting please:

1. Introduce yourself.
2. Give me some positive feedback on my post - but be specific.
3. Think about something I could do to improve my post - but be specific.
4. Leave your blog address so I can give you some feedback too!

Thanks
REED